Ely ArtWalk is seeking to fill two temporary, part-time, paid positions from October 2021 through February 2022. Ely ArtWalk is a community event that displays the artwork of over 60 local artists in Ely storefront windows during the month of February. The Coordinator works with the Board and volunteers to manage and produce the event. The Set-up Manager works with artists and local store owners to install the artwork.
Ely Art Walk Set-Up Manager
The Set-up Manager will develop an installation plan and work with the Ely ArtWalk Board, volunteers, and artists to display approximately 60 artists’ work in about 20-35 storefront windows prior to the month-long event in February 2022. They will work closely with Ely ArtWalk Board members on artist and store outreach, installation equipment, and supplies. This position also works closely with the paid, part-time Ealy ArtWalk Coordinator who is responsible over-all coordination of the event.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Board with store owner and artist outreach to determine the display space available and installation requirements for each artist and store
- Assist the Board with matching artists to storefronts
- Communicate with artists about their storefront assignments and installation requirements
- Recruit volunteers to assist with installation and take-down
- Assist Board with inventories of display equipment, tools and supplies and determine purchasing need
- Create and communicate the schedule and method of installation for each artist/storefront
- Make sure display equipment and installation supplies are delivered to each location on time
- Coordinate and supervise artists and volunteers to accomplish all installations the week before the show opens
- Implement take-down plan so that all art is removed from stores and returned to artists in a timely manner
- Assist the Board with an evaluation of the event
The Set-up Manager position is estimated to be about 80-95 hours from December 2021 through the first week of March 2022. Pay: $1,200.
To apply: Send a statement of interest and your qualifications using our contact form. Deadline: November 30